Shooting Targets: A Beginner’s Guide to Purchasing a Hunting Rifle
Choosing a hunting rifle is an involved task that includes obtaining measurements and selecting the right caliber. There are several considerations that hunters need to focus on when purchasing hunting rifles, which include proper shoulder fit, trigger placement, etc.
First-time hunters should start with entry-level rifles. As skills progress, they can invest in more costly rifles, but for many hunters it can take years, if not decades, to find the perfect hunting rifle to meet their needs.
New rifle buyers may consider purchasing a model that is less expensive, which may mean lower quality and then plan to upgrade in several years. Generally, most gun owners simply upgrade models every few years, as affordability becomes more practical.
This helpful chart explains what types bullets accommodate specific wild game.
Jumping Targets offers a superb collection of targets, which are perfect for beginners that are looking to hone their rifle hunting skills.
- Varmints (Short/Medium Range) – .17HMR, .22 Hornet, .22LR, .22WMR, .223 REM
- Small Game – .22LR, .22WWR
- Predators (Long Range) – .223 REM, .22-250 REM, .220 Swift, .243 WIN
- Deer (Short Range) – .243 WIN, .30-30 WIN, .300 Savage
- Black Bears – .30-30 WIN, .300 Savage
- Deer, Black Bear Caribou (Medium to Long Range) – .25-06 REM, .270 WIN, .308 WIN, .30-05 Springfield, 7MM REM MAG, .300 WIN MAG
- Sheep and Goats – .25-06 REM, .270 WIN, .308 WIN, .308 WIN, .30-06 Springfield, 7MM WIN MAG, .300 WBY
- Elk – .270 WIN, .308 WIN, .30-06 Springfield, 7MM REM MAG, .300 WIN MAG
- Grizzly, Brown Bears and Moose - .300 WIN MAG, .300 WBY, .338 WIN MAG, .375 H&H
- Black Bears – .444 Marlin, .45-70 GOVT
Jumping Targets’ vast collection of metal shooting targets includes superior AR500 steel targets. These metal spinning targets have advanced caliber ratings and are ideal for hunters practicing dove hunting and other types of upcoming summer and fall hunts. The target stickers are easy to replacement and the gun target stands are excellent for practicing for large game, such as deer, elk or moose.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published