- Rifles – A rifle is classified as a long gun, which means that its barrel is extended. Rifles are available in several different models and types, including semi-automatic, automatic, muskets, Spencer rifles, anti-tank rifles and many more. Rifles are very powerful guns and are often used for self-defense or for hunting. The term “rifle” began being used because of the rifling inside the barrel. Rifle ammunition is designed to spin at very high speeds, ejecting forcefully with accurate precision. Rifles are far larger than pistols, which makes them heavier, more difficult to conceal and much more powerful. Shooting up to 300 feet-per-second (FPS), bullets fired from rifles can cause far more damage than those shot from pistols.
Since rifles and pistols are different, they require different types of shooting targets. A pistol’s shooting range is far less than a rifle’s, as they feature shorter, more inaccurate barrels. In fact, when comparing rifle and pistol bullet velocities, a rifle’s velocity is nearly double that of a pistol.
Jumping Target offers a variety of metal rifle targets and pistol targets. These steel rifle targets are designed to take a higher impact than standard pistol targets. Jumping Targets offers the following types of rifle targets and pistol targets.
- Rifle Targets – Rifle targets are sturdy and designed to withstand greater impacts. Jumping Targets offers several rifle targets, including the following:
- 4.75-Inch AR500 Steel Targets – This hearty target is designed to effectively handle .22, .9mm, .45, .223 and .30-06 rounds. For the first four types of ammunition, hits registers as audible sounds, while the .30-06 rolls when hit.
- Square Gongs – These 3/8-inch thick AR500 steel targets register audible sounds with .22 caliber, .9mm, .45, .223 and .30-06 ammunition.
- Pistol Targets – Jumping Targets offers a wide variety of pistol targets, which are perfect for everyday self-defense or shooting practice. Popular models for pistol targets include:
- 2.5-Inch AR500 Steel Targets – These are designed for use with small caliber bullets, such as .22 caliber, .9mm and .45. The .22 calibers can be shot at 25 or more yards and roll upon impact. The .9mm will cause the target to jump, as will the .45.
- Rockin’ Rabbit AR500 Steel Target – This rocking target features five steel target surfaces, which are ideal for reaction movements with .22 calibers, .9mm, .45, .223 and .30-06 ammunition.
The .22 ammunition works for both pistols and rifles, since this caliber is used for both types of weapons.